Orange County Grantmakers (OCG) is the regional philanthropic serving organization for Orange County. Representing over 40 of the largest funders and philanthropists in the County, the organization serves as a collective voice for philanthropy and grantmakers. Our mission is to advance equity by creating strategic alignment and cultivating transformational relationships and leadership among OC philanthropists and nonprofits.
While OCG’s membership is exclusive to funders and philanthropists, OCG also serves as a convener for the nonprofit community, bridging the divide between funder and nonprofit. It is our vision that Orange County is a place where philanthropists and nonprofits work together as partners to achieve equity for our most impacted communities.
Through our membership and extensive relationships with the nonprofit community OCG has a reach of over 2000+ individual contacts and email addresses representing philanthropy, business and nonprofit.
OCG is a fiscally sponsored project of Charitable Ventures.
OCG seeks a full-time Program Associate to support the Executive Director across all programs and activities. The ideal candidate must be able to function independently with minimal supervision, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and have the ability to serve as a reliable and flexible member of a small team. The idea candidate will also have a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), be willing to implement our strategic plan and will be expected to engage in continued learning and growth.
OCG is committed to fostering a workplace that reflects the diversity of our membership and community. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and we highly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, bilingual and bicultural individuals, and members of the LGBTQ+ community. OCG strives to foster an inclusive work environment and we are committed to full inclusion of all qualified individuals. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Taryn Palumbo at Taryn.Palumbo@ocgrantmakers.org.
In execution their responsibilities, the Program Associate will have the opportunity to gain substantive experience in the Orange County philanthropic and nonprofit space. They will benefit from close collaboration with a diverse group of funders, philanthropic and nonprofit leaders, advocacy organizations and policymakers. Through our work, OCG staff gain a deep understanding of the strategies employed in the field of philanthropy, the relationship building that exists among funders and nonprofits, the critical stakeholders in this space, and the pressing issues faced by nonprofits and philanthropy alike.
There will be three rounds to the application process and all applicants will hear back from us, whether or not they are advanced to the next round. We will stop accepting applications on Friday, December 2nd, 2022 or when we receive 100 applications, whichever is first.
- Round 1: All candidates are invited to submit answers to the following three questions via an online survey:
- What skills and experiences do you have that directly relate to the job duties?
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What does equity mean to you, and why is it important?
- Round 2: Those candidates that most closely align with OCG’s mission and values as well as the Program Associate job duties will have a 30-minute interview with OCG’s Executive Director.
- Round 3: Candidates who advance to the final stage will have the opportunity to meet with the OCG Executive Director as well as a member of the OCG Advisory Board for a 60 minute zoom interview. Ahead of the interview, we will ask candidates to share their resume, references, and complete a short exercise to demonstrate relevant skills for the position. Candidates will be compensated for their time during this round.
- Coordinate logistics for all OCG meetings (both virtual and in-person) including:
- Collecting and organizing documents and RSVPs
- Managing scheduling of necessary parties via email or doodle poll
- Taking notes and producing minutes if requested
- Conducting follow-up with participants and attendees
- Scoping out and coordinating with venues and vendors
- Manage the program content for OCG events in collaboration with the Executive Director and various supporting consultants including:
- Member Forums
- Issue Table Meetings and Convening’s
- Health Equity
- Food Security
- Early Education
- Capacity Building Trainings and Programs
- Ready to Grow
- BIPOC Funders Group
- External Programming
- Beyond Equity Learning Series
- Community Outreach
- Partnership Programs with OneOC
- Maintain accurate and detailed financial records of all program expenses including processing of program related expenses
- Support the OCG Program Committee
- Draft content for OCG’s monthly e-newsletter
- Support OCG’s social media through postings aligned with programming
- Represent OCG at community meetings as appropriate
- Assist with other administrative tasks, including data entry and proofreading
- Equity Orientated: People with a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; a deep understanding and alignment with OCG’s strategic plan and a strong commitment to continued learning and growth in this area
- Pro-Active Communicators: People that will reach out when they need something. They have demonstrated ability to establish positive relationships with all types of stakeholders and personalities in order to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Reliable and Responsive: People who you know you can reach when needed. They are also happy to jump in to help when needed on a small team
- Disciplined: People who know how to prioritize their tasks and get things done. They have an exceptional ability to time manage and juggle multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines, and to adapt to changing context. They take initiative and work effectively and efficiently with little supervision.
- Detail Oriented: People who have a very strong attention to detail and organizational skills. They find all the formatting errors.
- Writers: People with excellent editing and writing skills
- Tech Comfortable: People who are comfortable with online apps, video conferencing and can learn new tech skills as needed (Canva, social media posting, etc.)
- Self-Learner: People who like to learn new things, and will come to the table with new ideas and a proactive, creative, problem solving attitude.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience, including internships, work study or other volunteer experience
- Comfort with video conferencing
- Experience and/or understanding of the OC nonprofit and/or philanthropic space
- U.S. work authorization
Salary is $24 – $29/hr, depending on the years and type of experience a candidate brings. OCG (through our fiscal sponsor Charitable Ventures also offers all employees 401(k) voluntary employee contribution and full-time employees (30 or more hours per week): health insurance (medical, dental, vision); paid time off; and company-wide holidays.
This position is remote, but the candidate must be based in Orange County, CA. This position does not provide a relocation allowance. The Program Associate must have an ability and willingness to travel on occasion, including for 1x monthly meetings with the Executive Director, and for in-person events and programs as they are scheduled. The Program Associate will be stationary (at a desk) for extended periods of time to complete their work. This position is full-time at 40 hours per week. However time of work is negotiable, so long as the candidate is available and present for all programs and meetings as are scheduled.