Membership Development & Education
Quarterly Member Forums
Four times a year, Orange County Grantmakers convenes all of its members to network, share best practices, and discuss pressing issues of the Orange County philanthropic community. These meetings provide the opportunity for funders to engage with their peer network and discuss strategies for impact change.
Past meetings have covered topics such as:
- Homeless Collaboratives
- An Equity Profile of Orange County
- Prop. 47 and the impact on the Re-Entry Population
Twice a year, OCG members are invited to a half-day learning workshop, providing a “deep-dive” on a specific subject or topic. Open only to OCG members, this is a chance to learn from experts on a variety of philanthropic topics.
Past presenters have covered:
- “What you Need to Know About Outcomes as Grantmaker,” presented by Blue Garnet Consulting
- “Advocacy and Impact in the Philanthropic Center”
In partnership with other collaboratives and organizations in Southern California, OCG hosts a variety of events for the nonprofit community. These events are open to the full nonprofit community and present a chance for OCG members to connect with other funders and nonprofits.
Past events include:
- A policy Discussion with the Alliance for a Healthier Orange County
- A panel discussion on the connection between Health & Wealth hosted in partnership with the Asset Funders Network
Throughout the year, OCG members come together to catch-up and relax in an informal setting. This is a perfect chance to reconnect with other members, and share information on current projects.